Samyang 12 mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye
Fisheye lenses are not the sort of lens you use everyday. Fisheye lenses are extreme wide angle lenses that open a world in fun and surprising ways. Some photographer are looking for special effects. Part of taking individual photos is being to be able to exercise creative freedom. Fisheye lenses are characterized by: low light shooting, wide angle perspective, and beautiful barrel distortion set it creatively apart from any other tool. For me, its a great lens! I play a lot with it.
Some basic properties of the lens:
- 180 degree field of view gives the lens its distinctive look.
- The lens is robustly constructed and feels good when focusing.
- MF : I really do not care about the manual operation.
- Nikon F Mount has a built-in AE Chip (AUTO EXPOSURE)
- More details see reviews ….
Fisheyes are not made for marco photography - for bokeh.
However, due to the minimal focusing distance of 0.2 m
its possible to achieve lovely bokeh effects.
1. Examples architcture/city
2. Examples forest/landscape
3. Examples "macro"/bokeh
ShapeOfRay ... Bokeh